Joining Our Club
Becoming a member of the TAS Swimming Club (the Club), is becoming a member of a team that is committed to its members and the vision of our Club. The first step in becoming a member of our team, is to contact one of our coaches to make an appointment on (07) 4036 8195.
An assessment will be conducted by the coach to determine a suitable squad.
Upon successful appointment to a squad, create a profile in Swim Central and purchase membership.
The club membership fees for the 2022-23 Swimming season are as follows:
|Competitive Swimmer 9 & Over||$155.53|
|Swimmer 8 & Under||$122.57|
TAS Swimming Club membership includes:
a) Registration with Swimming Queensland,
b) insurance and
c) a small contribution towards ongoing TAS Swimming Club costs.
TAS Swimming Club Membership is due annually and must be paid by September 1 each year for swimmers to be financial and competitive. Membership fees are payable by the Swimming Australia Online Portal Swim Central.
*Note that monthly squad fees are a separate cost and are paid directly to the pool owner, Trinity Anglican School.
It is important to note that when becoming a member of TAS Swimming, that you are aware of the following vision and Club guidelines:
- The TAS Club Handbook
- Swimming Australia Behavioural Guidelines (Code of Conduct Policy)
- The swimmer must be available for Club relay selection.
- Parents are encouraged to become active members of our Club.
- Families must agree to participate in fundraising activities.
- Trinity Anglican School Aquatic Centre employs our team of coaches not TAS Swimming Club Inc.
- State and national squad members (excluding invited visitors) are required to be financial members of TAS Swimming Club Inc.
- Although the coaches are independent of the Club, they do select all teams, relays and targeted swim meets.
- If parents wish to speak with a swim coach, they should not do so during the squad training sessions. Please make an appointment at a mutually agreeable time.
- Any queries regarding coaching should be directed to the Head Coach first.